Skip to content
- December 2021: I am honored to be part of this year’s TEDxMIT, speaking about how cars are becoming smart enough to meet the needs of cities, rather than the other way around.
- September 2021: Congratulations to Sirui Li and Zee Yan for our work on learning for large-scale vehicle routing, accepted at NeurIPS 2021 for a Spotlight Talk (<3%).
- May 2021: Our work on deep reinforcement learning for analyzing systems of mixed traffic of autonomous and human drivers has been accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
- February 2021: Excited to be profiled by MIT: Examining the world through signals and systems.
- April 2020: I had a fun conversation with Sam Charrington on the TWIML AI Podcast about Simulating the Future of Traffic with RL.
- October 2019: I am honored to be awarded the First Place 2019 IEEE ITSS Best Ph.D. Dissertation Award, for my thesis titled “Learning and Optimization for Mixed Autonomy Systems – A Mobility Context.” More here.
- July 2019: I joined MIT as an assistant professor.
- March 2019: I am honored to be inducted into the Microsoft Location Summit Hall of Fame, for receiving the First Place Award for my recent talk on “Integrating Autonomy into Urban Systems.”
- December 2018: I am honored to receive the 2018 Milton Pikarsky Memorial Award from the Council of University Transportation Centers (CUTC) for my PhD dissertation. More here.
- November 2018: I joined the Reinforcement Learning Group at Microsoft Research AI in Redmond as a postdoctoral researcher.
- November 2018: The Flow team and I gave a full-day Tutorial and a half-day Workshop on Reinforcement Learning and Transportation at the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC) in Maui, Hawaii. All tutorial materials are available here.
- September 2018: I gave an invited talk at the O’Reilly Artificial Intelligence Conference on “Reinforcement Learning for Mixed Autonomy Traffic” about the Flow project.