Day 24 (July 8, 2014)
The watercress children got big, time to transplant! [In the meantime, I screwed up and lost a bunch of baby plants. Let’s call it survival of the fittest.]
There we go, transplanted! So much room for roots to grow.
I transplanted a few more babies and prototyped a tiny irrigation system. Ah yes, a series of tubes. And I’ve got my own terrace farm. 🙂
The baby basil, California poppies, and wildflowers (new!), with their own water tubes!
Day 27 (July 11, 2014)
Just chillin’. The previous shots were a prototype system, so I removed everything except the stakes (black water tube holders). I planted some wildflowers and chives in soil too, and the first soiling sprouted!
Day 34 (July 18, 2014)
Oh man, the watercress is so delicious that the insects want some too!
Basil’s starting to look like basil.
And we’ve got some new babies (parsley)!
[Special thanks to Jacob for the prototyping bucket and to Kevin/Irena for the wildflower seeds!]